Day two of the Certificate Series for PCN Board Competency Training
The Advanced course builds on the Essentials course and is designed for PCN Board and Joint Governance members who are interested in advancing their contributions to the PCN. There are three core topic areas within the Advanced course that include: (1) Reaching Maximum Board Effectiveness, (2) Understanding PCN Finances, and (3) Managing your People Well. Taking this course will elevate your PCN governance knowledge!
Topics covered include:
- Maximizing your Board and Committee Meeting effectiveness
- Dealing with "Board Disruptors"
- PCN Board and ED/MD Succession Planning
- Best Practice in Human Resource Management
- How to motivate and guide your ED towards maximum potential
- Value of Financial assessments and audits
- Learning the right questions to ask to ensure your PCN is financially healthy
It is recommended that you complete an Essentials certificate as a pre-requisite for the Advanced certificate.
View the learning objectives for all sessions.
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 21 Mainpro+ credits.
Fall 2019 full day session dates (Dates subject to change.) - with registration links
Fee $199.00 plus GST