April 13, 2019 08:45 AM
to April 13, 2019 03:00 PM
Location: Takes place simultaneously at cancer centres in Alberta
Family Physicians and CancerControl: Strengthening Linkages Workshop
Alberta Health Services CancerControl is pleased to announce the ninth Family Physicians and CancerControl: Strengthening Linkages Workshop held on Saturday, April 13, 2019.
This year, the workshop is extended to four Community Cancer Centres and Stanton Hospital in Yellowknife in addition to the standard Tertiary and Regional Cancer Centres. The event is held in-person and connected via videoconference between following sites:
- Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton
- Tom Baker Cancer Centre, Calgary
- Jack Ady Cancer Centre, Lethbridge
- Central Alberta Cancer Centre, Red Deer
- Grande Prairie Cancer Centre, Grande Prairie
- Margery E. Yuill Cancer Centre, Medicine Hat
- Fort McMurray, Drumheller, High River, Canmore, and Yellowknife.
Overall Learning Objectives
- Acquire and translate information and updates to better navigate the cancer system.
- Support and participate in the improvement of integration of care through dialogue, networking, and teamwork.
- Recognize and explain services and programs enhancing patient-centred care.
- Palliative Care
- Training GP Oncologists
- Pancreatic and Prostate Cancers
- Update Projects Cancer Strategic Clinical Network (SCN)
- Hematology (Thrombosis, Diagnostic Lymphoma, Multiple Myeloma, CLL)
- Transitions of Care
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Alberta Chapter for up to 6.5 Mainpro+ credits.
Registration form will follow.