February 19, 2019
to February 20, 2019
Location: Hilton, DoubleTree Hotel & Conference Centre, Edmonton
Alberta Lung Cancer Continuum Consensus Forum
HAVE MORE IMPACT
AGAINST THE LEADING CAUSE OF CANCER DEATH
More Albertans died of lung cancer in 2017 than breast, prostate, and colorectal cancer combined, yet the continuum for lung cancer is relatively unsupported when compared to other cancers. Improvements and investments are needed along the entire continuum of care from primary prevention, research, and early detection to treatment and supportive care.
This February, the Canadian Cancer Society and our stakeholders are gathering Alberta’s greatest minds working to study and treat lung cancer along side leaders in primary prevention and supportive care as well as every-day Albertans touched by the disease.
We aim to share, learn, and build consensus on a strategy for progress to:
- reduce the social stigmatization and isolation impacting lung cancer patients;
- improve processes to support the primary prevention of lung cancer incidence;
- improve access to lung cancer screening;
- improve patient and caregiver supports across the care continuum;
- promote and improve research, treatment innovation, and investments; and
- influence a greater shift in the national perspective on lung cancer
Register at lungcancerconsensus.ca.