September 18, 2019
to September 19, 2019
Location: Winsport, 88 Canada Olympic Road SW, Calgary
Assessment of Decision-Making Capacity Workshop
SAVE THE DATE: September 19th, 2019
LOCATION: Winsport, 88 Canada Olympic Road SW, Calgary
There are complex and predictable clinical, ethical and legal implications when assessing decision-making capacity. This session will help the primary care provider navigate the process related to the Alberta Adult Guardianship & Trusteeship, Personal Directives and Enduring Power of Attorney Acts.
This interactive workshop is designed for physicians and will include small group work and presentations. Upon completion of a pre- and post-course questionnaire, Family Physicians will be eligible to claim Mainpro+ Group Learning credits. Specialists will be able to claim MOC Section 1 credits.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: At the end of this workshop, learners will be equipped to:
- acquire knowledge of the guiding principles in assessment of capacity
- appraise a Capacity Assessment process
- explore an interdisciplinary approach to Capacity Assessment
- review Capacity Assessment worksheets used in this process
- apply the above information in assessment of capacity through case examples